Sunday, September 12, 2010

Spring 2011 NY Fashion week - Simon Spurr

A couple days ago I have posted Simon Spurr's inspiration for the spring  season which in his words sounded like that: "exploring the boundaries between art and fashion, the collection mixes Lucio Fontana - inspired prints and sweaters with British military undertones and YSL elegance.” The result on the runway was Great! I thought the collection had a lot of great pieces, I loved the suits especially the three piece ones in either slicky fabrics, solid colors or in the plaids (loved the 2 piece plaid suit above which reminded me a lot of my new suit.....i wonder if he reads this blog????), 
also thought the sophisticated mustard trench coat and  the light and clean sweaters in army colors were great. I wasn't as crazy about his casual items like the denim pants and didn't care for the scarfs (it's too much of Brooklyn hipsters style... and we had enough of that). As far as the inspiration goes you can definitely see a strong YSL elegance and the color story was clearly inspired by  Lucio Fontana prints and British military undertones.
Over all I really loved the collection, it has a great European touch but with American influences all executed in high quality.
More photos after the jump.
Photo by George Chinsee for WWD

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails